What I'm doing now.
Update 2: Part of my story was shared in Entrepreneur.com. How some of my hardest moments helped rebuild both my business and life and got me to where I am today.
I understand my path forward: to equip epic entrepreneurs for the world that is coming. I'm writing a book, speaking and founding ExponentialU to help accomplish this.
Here's what I'm up to:
- I'm (mostly) heads down distilling my experiences so that I can write the book that accelerates you through the lessons I've learned over the last decade, which have brought me both success and fulfillment.
- I've been on the road for a few months, and along the way have:
- Trained up at Heroic Public Speaking and caught up with friends in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Supported my friends at One Last Talk and had strategy sessions with partners on one of the businesses that we're starting in Toronto.
- Attended Taki Moore's Million Dollar Coach workshop to learn the frameworks he uses to better teach people (he's damn good at it) – in Santa Monica, CA.
- Had an epic adventure and learned from Special Forces soldiers and Adventure Combat Ops, at an event hosted by Phil and American Dream U – in Las Vegas.
- Spent Friendsgiving in Eden, Utah and had some of my favorite conversations this year with beautiful friends. Also got to see my sister and nephews.
- Pondered my Legendary Legacy with Yanik and the Mavericks, while visiting Hawaii for the first time. Along the way, gained clarity on my Core Values, Tenets and Partner-in-Crime.
- Spend a week out in Pennsylvania, spending time with entrepreneurs I enjoy, seeing old friends and following up on MavenWire post-acquisition.
- Volunteered at the Maverick Family Freedom event as a mentor to some of the older kids. At midnight, several of us ran into the ocean and then spent several hours creating a dance party in a hotel lobby (really – they told us we could!) while dressed in our onsies. One of my best New Years!
- Celebrated my 4oth year on this earth by raising money for DonorsChoose with my #PloughShare Birthday! Together we helped raise over $9000 to support over 6300 students!
- Caught up with good friends in Austin.
- I went to the British Virgin Islands to get dirty! I helped friends turn an old WWII Navy ship into a piece of art and one of the most engaging dive sites in the world! A project that brought together art, science, business and philanthropy to create a wonder-of-the-world. You can learn more here: http://www.divethebviartreef.com/partners/