What I'm doing now.
Updated 20181020 Here is the mission – connect humanity by creating sustainable world change for Good. There are three steps to doing this:
- Create the engines of change via mission-driven startups. Learn more at ExponentialU.
- Evolve leaders to build and drive beautiful machines of change based on those engines. Learn more at AdventureX.
- Empower the world to realize that everyone is capable of becoming a driver, mechanic or pit-crew for those beautiful machines of change.
Here's what I'm up to:
- Tomorrow morning I'm headed off for a 2-week, 4000 mile road trip all around reunion and closure. First to spend a few days with Yanik Silver and Maverick friends in the mountains of New Mexico going deep and exploring our future via tribal ceremonies and rituals. Then I get to drive through NM and spend time with some of my oldest friends from high school and my mentor's wife, all who I care deeply about. Then off to Austin for a storytelling / writing workshop with the incredible Sean Platt. Then celebrating Halloween in Austin and reconnecting with my friends there. Finally, off to Missouri to visit my grandmother and (for the first time) to visit my grandfather's grave. Looking forward to every day of it!
- I wrote a letter from my heart to those who are in the depths of depression, feeling isolated and considering dark alternatives. Having been there, I want to plant the seed of hope that more is possible and illuminate a bit of the path. You can read it here: YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
- I had a revelation last week. For the first time, I felt genuine, unconditional love for myself. I have loved myself for a while, though realized that it was often conditional and tied to trust. Having been through this experience has allowed me to re-evaluate the human experience and how I believe we are emotionally constructed. The short version is that I used to believe that Trust was the fundamental unit of my universe. That which all else was built upon. Having experienced this, I've realized that unconditional love is a smaller, more elemental particle. Much more to share and explain. Just giving a very brief taste for now.
Here's what I've been up to recently:
- Just a few weeks ago, my friend Mike and I raced motorcycles against world records at the World of Speed event at Bonneville Salt Flats! He blew 2 engines and now I need to rebuild mine due to a failure. Due to these issues, I didn't hit the speeds that I wanted (was aiming for at least 150mph) and that was disappointing. At the same time we learned a TON and met some incredible people. We enjoyed it so much that we're focusing on rebuilding his bike and going after some major records next year! Yeehaw!
- Recently I returned from a recce of Bhutan with Matt Prior. An incredible journey on multiple levels! Beautiful things in store after this…
- I've taken the last few months to complete every commitment I've made to myself and others over the last 10 years and never made time for. With each one done I feel lighter, clearer and more in line with my integrity. Plenty of work to do here.
Here's some projects from the last year that I'm proud of:
- I can share the video from my Inbound Bold Talk -> From Empty to Full-Filled: Fueled by Meaning. The talk shares a difficult part of my history in order to help you choose the path of fulfillment and, in turn, fill yourselves up while making a difference. We can make the world better while being better to ourselves. BTW – I'm not saying it will be easy – I'm saying it will be worth it.
- Matt Prior and I took a small, trusted, incredible group of entrepreneurs to Indonesia on an AdventureX experience. Here's a photo. Think of it as Adventure for Personal Exploration. (Want a taste? Check this video out.)
- The BVI Art Reef (where I helped friends turn an old WWII Navy ship into a piece of art and one of the most engaging dive sites in the world) continues to get good press and recognition – AND survived the storms. A little ray of sunshine given the difficulty they are going through in rebuilding.
- You can learn more here: http://www.divethebviartreef.com
Here are some things I would like to do: My Bucket List