This is the next revision my tenets – the core code I strive to live by. I'm not always successful – but overall getting clarity on these is helping me make better decisions with less effort.
The revisions in this version came from reading the introduction to Mate: Become the Man Women Want by Tucker Max. Reading through the 5 Principles of Mating Success, several of them resonated with me – such as making decisions based on data and seeking win-win solutions.
The beauty of these Tenets is that they can continually evolve based on experiences and encounters throughout life – whether reading a book or having a profound conversation.
This quote also hit home with what I aim to achieve:
“When you first start to study a field, it seems like you have to memorize a zillion things. You don't. What you need is to identify the core principles — generally three to twelve of them — that govern the field. The million things you thought you had to memorize are simply various combinations of the core principles.”
I encourage you to make your own version – and you're welcome to use mine as a starting point.
I will continue to refine until they are clear and concrete. You can always find the latest version here: My Tenets
You can find older versions and see how they've evolved here: Older versions of my Tenets
Lastly – I think a lot about systems and aim to document them in a way that is useful to you. Here's where you can find what I've shared: My Systems
v1.04 – 20151116
- To bring people closer by promoting a world where we are all connected, following our unique path and achieving our peak performance.
- To continually learn and expand my potential.
- To deepen connections with others.
- To create, learn and share intimate stories to help others connect.
- Value Self.
- I love myself, am worthy and seek only my own approval.
- I take care of my health – physically, mentally and spiritually.
- I stand by my integrity to do what is right and play the long game.
- I set boundaries, am not afraid of conflict or to question outside authority.
- I take responsibility for getting my needs met, including asking for help.
- I surround myself with worthy and inspiring companions.
- I empathize and seek to understand the other side of the story while playing to win-win.
- I am honest, clear and expressive of my feelings and do not push others away when I am fearful.
- I continue to learn and explore with the beginner’s mind.
- I strive to operate outside my comfort zones and forgive myself when I fail.
- I lean into the uncomfortable fear that accompanies growth.
- I am a leader who provides for and protects those I care for, when appropriate.
- I share my knowledge, wisdom and emotions to illuminate the path for others.
- I hold others up to the light of their potential.
- Act from a place of love, not fear or anger.
- Move now, do faster, be direct.
- Discipline = Freedom. Leverage it to accomplish my goals.
- When in doubt – if it will make a good story, and I expect to come back alive – do it.